Pontus Wernbloom: All winless streaks come to an end someday
Swedish midfielder of PFC CSKA Pontus Wernbloom shares with pfc-cska.com his thoughts about the upcoming match against Rubin.
- — Pontus, team will have a tough away game...
- — Yes, it would be a very difficult match. I was in Kazan twice, and on both occasions we lost. Rubin are serious and strong opponents. But we are confident and greatly motivated right now.
- — PFC CSKA couldn't win in Kazan for three years so far, since May 2010. Are you going to break this series?
- — It wouldn't be easy, but we are capable of doing so. All winless series come to an end someday. I hope that we'll brake the deadlock on Sunday. We are aiming to defend our title, and a win against Rubin in the beginning of the season will be a serious claim. I hope that we'll return to Moscow with three points in the bag.
- — Next match will be number 50 for you for PFC CSKA. Are you willing to celebrate it in a special way, maybe, scoring a goal?
- — Firstly, it's the halfway point to the 100th match! It's always a pleasure to score goals, but I'm not a goalscorer. I try my best for the sake of the team. It's nice, if I score, but that's not my aim.